2013 Monday Night Spring Trail RULES
1. RULES INTERPRETATIONS: The tournament Rules Committee shall be solely responsible for the interpretation and enforcement of tournament rules. The Rules Committee will rule on any unusual situations which may occur. Its decision will be final in all instances.
2. ELIGIBILITY OF PARTICIPANTS: Participation in tournaments is open to anglers 16 years of age or older (unless accompanied by a parent or guardian). Proof of age is the responsibility of participants. Each contestant must be a member of 2013 Monday Night Spring Trail Team Tournament. $20.00 per year for membership. The Rules Committee or Tournament Director may refuse ANY application for membership upon which money will be returned to the applicant. Membership and/or registration for this event may be denied at the sole discretion of Carolina Coach & Marine. Fee(s) paid in any way will be refunded promptly should membership and/or registration be denied.
3. TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION: Participants may register by completing and mailing in an entry form to the address provided: Carolina Coach & Marine, 3300 Centennial Blvd., Claremont, NC 28610
Registration will also be accepted the evening of the tournament. One member of each team must register their team prior to starting time. Both participants must sign release. No late fees ever!
4. FIVE (5) FISH PER TEAM WEIGHED IN: Fish must be weighed in alive. Dead fish 8oz. Penalty and cannot be weighed for big fish. Teams bringing fish to scales must be caught by that team in tournament waters during tournament hours.
5. BOATS & MOTORS: There shall be no restriction on size or type of boat used or the size of the motor used, with the stipulation that all boats must be judged seaworthy by the tournament committee and must be equipped with at least one aerated live well.
6. TACKLE PERMITTED: Fly, spinning, casting, or spin-casting reels and rods will be approved for use in these tournaments. All bass must be caught in a sporting manner on artificial lures only (except pork chunks are allowed). A participant may only use one rig at a time. No trolling or live bait. No chumming by contestants or anyone to aid this tournament. Cell phones are only to be used for emergency purposes during tournament.
7. TOURNAMENT IDENTIFICATION: Prior to each day’s start all boats will be inspected. Each boat will be assigned a start number.
8. DISQUALIFICATION: Any boat not in weigh-in area promptly at the appointed time will be disqualified.
9. FISH LIMIT 5 PER BOAT: Largemouth & spotted bass only. All fish 14″ minimum length. All fish must be returned immediately to the waters of Lake Norman after completion of weigh-in.
10. PENALTY: Violation of any of these rules may be cause of suspension or disqualification from this or all future tournaments. Fees will be forfeited should participant be suspended.
11. FISHING CONDITIONS: Tournament will be held regardless of weather conditions. However, the tournament officials may cancel the tournament or change starting times or locations as it is deemed necessary for the safety of anglers.
12. STARTING POSITIONS: Staring positions will be in the order that applications are received or signed day of tournament.
13. POLYGRAPH: Any team will be subject to a polygraph test or stress test or tested for past tournaments on this trail. Any team that fails the test will be disqualified. Tournament director reserves the right to place an observer in any contestant’s boat at any time.
14. POINTS: Points will be awarded for each contestant according to finishing order. Top 25 teams will qualify for championship fish-off NO EXCEPTIONS. You must fish AT LEAST 16 of the 32 regular events to qualify for the Fish Off event. There will be $50 entry fee for regular Monday night events, an optional $10 big fish fee for each event, and a $100 entry fee for the final SATURDAY FISH OFF event. $10 per boat per event will be held for championship.
15. TEAM TOURNAMENT: 2 persons per boat, however, a member may fish this trail solo per acceptance of Tournament Official.
16. CHAMPIONSHIP: Our final Fish Off event date will be announced in the coming weeks. We recognize that our originally scheduled date conflicts with other tournaments, so we will be rescheduling the date as soon as we can. This event will be open for contestants who qualify.
17. ACCESS: Any area that is not accessible by boat is off limits. This includes cables, no boat areas, fishing over skimmer wall and dam areas.
18. 100% PLUS PAYBACK: Participant fees will be awarded 100% plus to event anglers less any event administrative expenses.
19. ADDITIONAL MONEY:
+ This tournament will also be Triton Gold Sanctioned as described by Triton Gold.
+ At any event, the 1st place winner, owning and fishing from a Triton Boat, new or used, purchased from Carolina Coach & Marine, will receive a bonus of $250, paid courtesy of Carolina Coach & Marine.
+ At any event, the 1st place winner, owning and fishing from any other brand of boat (non-Triton), new or used, purchased from Carolina Coach & Marine, will receive a bonus of $100, paid courtesy of Carolina Coach & Marine.
+ At any event, the 1st place winner, displaying a Team ProBass logo on their boat windshield will receive a bonus of $50, paid courtesy of Carolina Coach & Marine.
20. PAYMENT OF FEES: Payment of any event related fee may be made at the Carolina Coach and Marine dealership or on the night of an event, at the event office location. If paying by check, please make the check out to “Carolina Coach”.
21. PHOTO RELEASE: By competing in or attending any of the trail events, you agree without dispute to willingly having your picture taken and grant your permission to use your pictures and physical surroundings without restriction for the purpose of ANY media distribution project be it print, projection, internet web site, video or any future media market. You expressly release Carolina Coach & Camper, Team ProBass or representatives or any institution transmitting, or exhibiting your picture from any claims arising from such use of distribution. You also agree to be fully responsible for your own participation and hold Carolina Coach & Camper, Team ProBass, or representatives harmless from any liability, loss of expense arising from the use of my picture. You also consent to the use of your name and picture, and other material about you from promotional, publicity, or organizational purposes.
*** Rules subject to change at the discretion of the Carolina Coach & Marine Rules Committee or the Tournament Director ***